1Health Interprofessional Rural Rotation Scholarship Process
Living and working in a rural community is a unique experience that provides both personal and professional rewards. The Office of the Associate Vice President for Academic Health Sciences, in collaboration with 1Health, is able to offer you a scholarship for completing one rural rotation that meets the specified guidelines and eligibility requirements. This funding is intended to help offset food, housing and travel expenses related to the rural rotation experience.
If you are a University of Minnesota health professions student and you complete a rural rotation/training experience, please review the scholarship eligibility requirements and application process below:
- I completed my experience between September 1, 2020 and August 31, 2021
- I completed my experience between September 1, 2021 and August 31, 2022
- Each academic year, qualifying students are eligible to receive ONE $300 scholarship for rotation experiences that are completed between the dates of September 1 - August 31. Please review the scholarship eligibility requirements and application process here:
- All forms detailed below must be submitted online at least two weeks prior to the end of the term in which your rural rotation takes place, as these scholarship funds cannot be disbursed to your student account after the term ends.
- If you have received a rural rotation scholarship in a previous academic year, you are eligible to apply for a new rural rotation scholarship for a different academic year.
- Scholarships that are distributed to international students will be subject to tax according to University policy.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Prior to your rotation, log into the 1Health IPE data management system using your University of Minnesota x.500 ID and password
- Click on the 'My Scholarship' tile
- Register your rotation by completing the Rotation Information form.
2. Following completion of an eligible rotation, log into the 1Health IPE data management system again to complete three additional forms online, two of which will ask questions regarding the interprofessional aspect of your recent rural rotation experience (if any) --
- Rotation Activity Survey form
- Rotation Reflection Activity form
- Certification Statement
If approved, you will receive an email notification and your scholarship will be disbursed within approximately two weeks. Scholarship funds will be disbursed to your student account via the Office of Student Finance. (Be sure to log into MyU to set up direct deposit for convenient and efficient processing of your scholarship!)
If you have questions, please contact us at: [email protected].